This has been a transformative year for the blog
Here is our year-end summary!
Top Ten Posts of 2018
- The Book of Mormon – Alternate Chronology. This post was actually from 2015, but its traffic has really taken off this year and it has gotten twice as many hits as any other post. I revised the chart and the post this year to include hyperlinks to the online scriptures.
- Is There Something Wrong? A personal story about love, friendship, and mental illness that happened during my senior year of high school. This post really struck a chord with people, especially when it was shared among my high school classmates.
- The Crescent Moon. My neighbor Christie Perkins died in April, and this was my euology for her.
- Medical Marijuana. A contentious political and cultural issue, explained from the perspective of a practicing doctor.
- A British Summer: My Experience as a Latter-day Saint Missionary. My two years in England really changed my life.
- To Be Learned is Good If… This was the first post by Rand Colbert, MD, a new contributor who joined the site this year.
- Alternative Medicine. A fairly balanced discussion of another contentious topic.
- Ministering for Sociophobes: A Practical Guide. A discussion of social anxiety disorder, focusing on practical advice for sociophobes trying to fulfill church assignnments.
- It Becomes You – A Memoir About Medical Education. This was the series of posts which launched the year, describing the launch of my career. If you know someone who is thinking about becoming a doctor, send them to this post.
- What Is Death? A discussion of medical and religious definitions of death, and an explanation of Latter-day Saint doctrine about the afterlife.